Tuesday 26 December 2017

Christmas 2017 - Afterwards....

Day 26 - ... and afterwards?

Reading: Luke 2:19

This babe at my breast: this promise from God, this little one: what a start he's had! It seems like the whole town wanted to see him, especially after what those shepherds said. And I'm sure that there will be more visitors soon. But for now, it's just us: Mary, Jesus, and Joseph at the door. Faithful Joseph, though I don't think he really understands. Then again, do I understand? It seems like a lifetime ago that the Angel spoke to me; told me that the Son of God would be nurtured by my body. But in a stable? And people will talk; think Joseph should have got rid of me, wonder who the father really is. And yet, even now I don't doubt it. It's not going to be easy, this journey; and once the dust has settled a bit I think we're going to find that out. But God is with me, His Son is also my son, and I will put my trust in Him.


Prayer Point: Think back on the times you have known God's presence, and give thanks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment