Thursday 17 December 2020

Day 17 - I thought I saw an Angel

 Today we have more Angels courtesy of the White House School.








I thought I saw an Angel as I walked along the road. She was bent down, phone in one hand, the other touching the arm of an old man who had slipped and fallen. "It's all right," she said, "Don't be afraid. I'll stay with you." Then she talked more urgently into her phone: "I think he's broken his hip. How long before you can get here?" The response obviously didn't please her, and there was a flash of angelic fire in those eyes. "Can I help," I asked. "Well, you could lend me your coat!" It was cold - the old man had slipped on the unmelted ice on the pavement. Then I noticed that her own coat was already balled up and acting as a pillow. I took mine off, and handed to her. As I did, a passing breeze caught it and it ballooned out behind her. Almost like wings. Then, she placed it over the man. A few minutes later, an Ambulance arrived, and the old man was carefully lifted onto a wheeled stretcher. I reclaimed my coat. "Where did she go?" said the Paramedic. "She's an Angel," whispered the man as they loaded him into the ambulance. "They're always busy." And sure enough, I saw her, walking quickly and purposefully into the church across the road. Moments later came the sound: "Hark, the Herald-Angels sing" - and even in the gloomy street, it seemed like there might yet be Good News to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment